95th Bomb Group Horham
B17 Photos
B17G   Sally B

Built in 1944 at Burbank, California as a B-17G-105-VE, serial no 44-85784, the aircraft served at many USAF bases from May 1948. During this period, it’s turrets were removed and faired over, carrying the number BA-784, it was used for weather research work.
On March 18th 1958 it arrived at Le Bourget, Paris, France. Registered as F-BGSR it was used for photo survey work, worldwide by the I’Institut Geographique National.
In 1975 it was brought to England by Ted White as N17TE and named “Sally B”. Sadly Ted was killed in an air crash in 1982, the chequered engine cowling is the same as that of the Harvard, in which he was flying.
In 1980/81 the turrets were restored for a TV series and in 1989, Sally B was configured as B17F Memphis Belle, these colour scheme being largely retained to this date.

B17G  Pink Lady

Now based at Orly ( Paris), it was built in 1944 at Burbank, California as B-17G-85-VE, serial no 44-8846, entering service January 13th 1945.
On 26th March 1945, it joined the 351st BG serving with the 511th BS until 20th April 1945. Returning to the USA.
In 1954 it returned to France, operating with l’institut Geographique National. 1985 saw it join the association “Fotresse Toujours Volante” with the registration F-AZDX.
Pink Lady also starred in the 1989 film “Memphis Belle”, having it’s chin turret removed to appear as B17F “Mother and Country” ( on the Left side ) and “Pink Lady” (on the right side).

B17G  Aluminum Overcast

This aircraft, built as B-17G-VE, Serial no 44-85740 was delivered to the U.S. Army Air Corps in May 1945. Bought as surplus for $750 in 1946, it saw service as a cargo carrier, photo mapping, pest control and as a forest duster.
In 1978 it was purchased by “B-17s Around the World”, headed by Dr. Bill Harrison.
In 1983 the cost of operating the aircraft resulted in it being donated to the EAA Aviation Foundation, where it under went a 10 yr restoration at their HQ aT Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
It was restored in the colours of B17G 42-102516, which was shot down over Le Manoir, France, 13th August 1944, on it’s 34th mission.
Photographs shown are at Oshkosh 1999

B17G Yankee Lady